Saturday, September 09, 2017

Life on Vacation

Life caught up to me on vacation, and either because of the stress, insufficient water, or just my body's quirks, I started to get a migraine the day after cave tubing. We woke up as usual before the sunrise and then had a delightful subdued breakfast. Val and I quickly earned a reputation as "The Girls Who Laugh" but we did have our moments of quiet. 




Even though I wasn't feeling great, I appreciated the great care I received. Valerie went to the manager to ask about rehydration salts of some kind, and instead, the groundsman Omar brought me a fresh coconut with a straw. I spent most of the day in the shade, but by afternoon, I felt I could venture out to join Valerie on the dock with some fresh pineapple juice. She was a gem and was very gracious about rearranging our planned activities for the day and taking good care of me!




No comments: